[pmwiki-users] Exclude pages from pagelist : link=-mylink possible ?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Jan 19 11:13:23 CST 2010

On Tuesday 19 January 2010 03:19:16, ABClf wrote :
> My question : is this right one can't use link=-mylink param, though
> one can use name=-myname ?

Yes.

> In this case, is there some easy workaround to get the same result
> (excluding some pages from a trail using some param) in an other way ?

Some ideas :

If the page names are all Etude*, you can use name=-Etude*

You could add to all other pages another category like [[!Original work]] and
in the pagelist search for link=Category.OriginalWork.

If the full trail is not used for navigation, you can place something between
the asterix "*" and the link "[[" -- anything will do, even %% or the null
space [==] to exclude the link from the trail.

On PmWiki.org, we exclude a page from the cookbook listings by adding in the
page __no_list__, for example (:comment __no_list__:) This way, we can filter
out the pages containing this keyword with such a pagelist:

  (:pagelist [other parameters] -__no_list__ :)

You could use another keyword like __etude__ if you like.

> I guess I can rewrite my [[!Studies]] in a PTV, expected to work with
> $:MyPageTextVariable=-VALUE, though this will be slower, isn'it ?

Yes it will, but as you have order=$:Date, it is already slow, so I don't
think you'll notice a difference.

Petko