[pmwiki-users] upgrade problem

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Jul 3 04:10:01 CDT 2010

On Saturday 03 July 2010 09:27:20, adam overton wrote :
> i just updated my wiki from 2.2.6 to 2.2.17.
> before the shift, my wiki easily executed the following:
>
> if (CondAuth($pagename, 'read')) {
> 	echo "test";
> }
>
> result -> test
>

> now, after the upgrade, nothing is executed or printed.
> did something in CondAuth change since 2.2.6?

Yes, something changed. Previously CondAuth() didn't respect custom settings
of the $HandleAuth array and it could return a wrong answer. For example, if
you have a setting like this:

  $HandleAuth['read'] = 'edit';

then to "read" the page you need edit permissions. Previously, CondAuth could
return true even if the user didn't have edit permissions.

The related PITS entry is http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01164 .

I'll double-check if something didn't go wrong somewhere -- if you can provide
additional details about your configuration, that could be useful.

Petko