[pmwiki-users] Fresh install - can't save pages - text reverts and no save made

Daniel Rhodes the_rhodus at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 11:40:03 CDT 2010

Hello there pmWiki users!

I have an issue with a fresh install of pmWiki (and I see the same Q on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Questions * but with no answer posted!) and I wonder if anybody knew anything about it or how to solve it.

I've been playing with pmWiki on my local and I LOVE it. I'm installing it now for one of my client's intranet, and ostensibly the install has gone swimmingly.

BUT, when I make an edit to a page and click "Save", the new text that I have added dissappears and no change is saved. The change is not even preserved in the textarea. Clicking "Save" seems to remove any text that I add to the page.

wiki.d folder is 777, and I've installed everything as per my successful install on my local.

Well, any (relevant) comments are welcome I guess ;-)

Kind regards,
Daniel Rhodes

* [quote] (November, 2006) When i try and save a change to any page, the change disappears and reverts back to the previous format. There is no error message and I created the wiki.d directory with access 777. I have just installed PMWiki.