[pmwiki-users] Unexpected results when "first title wins"

Randy Brown alongkiss at aprivatespot.com
Wed Jun 2 16:21:33 CDT 2010

I've gotten unexpected results when I use the "First title wins" option that was first offered by PmWiki version 2.2.9.

Imagine this title on a page named X-Talk: (:title Talk about {{(substr {$Name} 0 -5)}$Title} :)

In the default PmWiki setup, the title is (as I would expect) "Talk about X". But if I set the variable $EnablePageTitlePriority  to 1 in my configuration file, the markup expression appears not to be executed.

A second issue is that pages that I include via the SideBar sometimes have their title win instead of the title on the page. I would expect that ANY included title would lose if $EnablePageTitlePriority is set to 1, not just the titles included by the page itself.

Anyone else get the same unexpected results?

Randy