[pmwiki-users] Imorting a Microsoft Front Page Discussion to pmWiki?

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Jun 3 10:42:58 CDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Steve
<Commerce2008 at ergoarchitecture.com> wrote:
> Our existing discussion has about 2,500 articles, many of which are
> hyperlinked to each other, and we can't abandon them to start over.  The
> articles are basic html files other than the webbot tag.  The articles each
> have a unique hexidecimal name such as 000003e6.htm
>
> Any ideas on how I might be able to convert these files to pmWiki files and
> import them into a wiki?  Losing the hyperlinks would not be the end of the
> world, but some sort of automated process to import the articles is probably a
> must.

Have you looked at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ConvertHTML --
that will help with any formatting you've got in html.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ImportText will help bring them in en masse.

Maybe not too much PHP coding could result in some combination of the
2?  Just a suggestion...  If it works it'd definitely be a candidate
for a recipe...

Another option (from the talk pages at ConvertHTML) might be
http://diberri.dyndns.org/html2wiki.html -- not sure if anybody has
tested that with success...  The beauty of this is that all it takes
to do the whole site is a quick shell script wrapping it or perhaps
multiple files are already supported...  I've no experience with this
html2wiki, but it's another possibility to consider.

-Peter