[pmwiki-users] Announcing UserAdmin: easy user self-registration & maintenance ... once it's properly tested

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 05:12:11 CDT 2010

So I went and put together UserAdmin, a framework for allowing user
self-registration and management in PmWiki. You can think of it as an
extension to AuthUser, but it could be extended to work with UserAuth
as well as other systems.

UserAdmin by itself is just the front end, handling the form
generation, input validation and other stuff. To actually do anything,
it requires a back end that defines how and where the user information
is kept. I myself have put together UserAdmin-Profiles, which keeps
the data as attributes of users' profile pages. Peter Bowers is
working on a solution which puts all the data on the
SiteAdmin.AuthUser page.

Due to using PHP classes, writing other back-ends or implementing
other modifications (eg. requiring a four-character password) is
relatively painless.

As this is a recipe dealing with user accounts and to some extent
personal information, I would really like it if you could take a look
and poke holes into it. Constructive criticism and feature requests
are also quite welcome.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UserAdmin

eemeli