[pmwiki-users] Using Intense Debate With Bloge

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 02:14:47 CDT 2010

On 9 June 2010 06:24,  <sovvie at intrepidtrek.com> wrote:
> When I plugged them into the blog entries everything worked fine...for a
> while. ID seems to forget comments were ever posted to entries, then
> sometimes it does. It especially doesn't like the first item on the
> Blog.Blog pagelist. I sent an email to the ID folks to see if they might
> have an explanation for the problem. I'm putting this to PmWiki/Bloge
> users to see if I did something wrong. Or maybe PmWki/Bloge and ID don't
> play well together.

I don't think it's Bloge, but the way IntenseDebate assigns a value to
idcomments_post_id if it's not defined: by looking at the page URL.
The problem is that more than one URL may point to the same page, and
ID will consider each of these as having a different id -- I think.
You can see this by clicking on a post's title, which you've got
pointing to the page itself, but with '?action=browse' added.

To fix this, you should try directly assigning a value to
idcomments_post_id and/or idcomments_post_id in the <script>. You can
do this by changing the line

    var idcomments_post_id;

    var idcomments_post_id = '$pagename';

provided that you also add the following before the Markup() calls in
config.php (but after any possible modifications to $WikiLibDirs or
other pagename customizations):

    $pagename = ResolvePageName($pagename);

You might also be seeing some caching issues with the script requests,
but that's unlikely.

eemeli