[pmwiki-users] help on forms options

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Jun 11 16:41:11 CDT 2010

Hello. :-)

On Friday 11 June 2010 16:11:05, Peter Bowers wrote :
> Eventually I found it in an old
> pmwiki-users conversation and so I thought I would update the
> documentation.  Then I started wondering how many other undocumented
> options exist (for people who are working in a wiki but don't know
> HTML).  So I went through the code and came up with what I *believe*
> is a fairly complete list which I have placed at
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Forms#field_attributes.
> Perhaps some of these
> attributes are used so seldomly they simply don't belong on the
> PmWiki/Forms page at all...?

I completely agree. People who use forms (they operate CGI scripts to collect
the user input) already know what these HTML attributes do and how they are
used. Our documentation could contain at most a one-line short list of the
recognized attributes, and a link to a w3c reference page.

Those that are not standard HTML attributes (focus) could be described.

If we want, we could also have some longer descriptions moved to the talk
page, while keeping the main documentation clean and concise.

Thanks,
Petko