[pmwiki-users] fox-question: defining the traget's ptv's

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 01:30:13 CDT 2010

Monday, March 22, 2010, 11:28:07 PM, Knut Alboldt wrote:

> Another question:
> Is it possible to eliminate even the ptvfield-parameter ? The names of
> the variables I want to update / add are already defined in the input
> form, so is there a possibility to get the list of vars to be updated /
> added from this input-definitions instead of the ptvfield-parameter ?

Fox will update any PTV on the ptvtarget for which
it has a matching name in an input field.
The PTV needs to exist already.
It will not add a new PTV unless it is given in the ptvfields=
parameter.
By giving a list of field names with ptvfields=.... Fox will
create new PTVs with those names on the ptvtarget page, if they don't
exist already. By default it will create them as hidden PTVs, and at
the bottom of the page.
So you need to set PTV names explicitely with ptvfields= in order for
them to be created new. For updating it is not needed.

Of course one could add PTVs also as ordinary text content, using a
template, setting a target and a location where on the target  the
new content is going to be posted etc.
But using ptvtarget= , ptvfields= and perhaps ptvfmt= is much more
convenient.

See docu: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Fox#ptvs

  ~Hans