[pmwiki-users] notification problem

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Mar 25 05:59:20 CDT 2010

On Thursday 25 March 2010 08:53:38, Oliver Betz wrote :
> Peter Bowers wrote:
> >I have started receiving notification messages like this every few hours:
> >
> >===(snip)===
> >Recent PmWikiTEST posts:
> > http://pmwiki.qdk.org/pmwiki.php?n=Site.AllRecentChanges
> >
> > * Site.ShoutBox . . . March 24, 2010, at 01:06 PM by WikiSh
> > * PmWiki.I18nVariables . . . March 24, 2010, at 01:06 PM by OliverBetz
> > * Site.ShoutBox . . . March 24, 2010, at 01:06 PM by WikiSh
> > * Site.ShoutBox . . . March 24, 2010, at 01:45 PM by WikiSh
> > * PmWiki.PmWiki . . . March 24, 2010, at 01:46 PM by Pm
> >===(snip)===
> >
> >I'm not bothered by the Site.ShoutBox -- somebody is spamming me, but
> >my shoutbox only shows the last 2 hours of "conversation" by default
> >so it just goes away by itself.  The thing I don't understand is the
> >change to (in this case) the pages in the PmWiki group.  I have gone
> >and looked at Site.AllRecentChanges and these pages are not listed.  I
>
> Glad to see that nobody used my name for spamming.
>
> Maybe a hint: If I delete a page, the notification shows a name
> different from the one showed in AllRecentChanges. IIRC the
> notification shows the name of the last editor, and AllRecentChanges
> shows the name of the user deleting the page.
>
> So there is a discrepance between notification and AllRecentChanges.

Correct -- someone tried to delete the pages in PmWiki/* (but one couln't
delete pages from wikilib.d so the pages just reappeared). When deleting pages
Notify has a bug and shows the last author instead of the current one who
deletes the page. In the distribution it happens that I18nVariables was last
edited by OliverBetz.

The bug is logged here:
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01112

Petko