[pmwiki-users] What attachment operations do you want or need?

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Tue May 4 15:59:06 CDT 2010

Thanks for the answers. My comments are online

On Tue, 4 May 2010 22:32:35 +0300
Eemeli Aro <eemeli at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 4 May 2010 17:17,  <pmwiki at 911networks.com> wrote:
>> I use a lot of attachments. I'd like:
>> 1. Formatting. Left, right, centered and flowed with text.
>
>Try %lfloat%, %rfloat% and %center%.

That's what I currently use but they don't really flow well. I'd like
to have:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam vitae erat orci. Integer sit amet orci quam, malesuada posuere massa. Ut ante nisi, lacinia vitae cursus ut, pretium id est. Fusce vel fringilla sapien. Phasellus quis felis eu erat imperdiet faucibus. Aliquam                                                                   dio neque consectetur quam, id volutpat justo lorem eu enim. Mauris laor                     IMAGE HERE                            tibulum. Sed vitae mollis enim. In lobortis sodales sem nec blandit. Integer                                                                   tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Pellentesque quis sapien risus, eget sagittis leo.

I hope that the wrapping doesn't interfere. I want in the middle of the
left or the right of text. Not at the beginning of a paragraph.

>> 3. Text annotation, alternate text
>
>What do you mean by this?

I currently use the syntax:

Attach:file.jpg"This is the alternate text for file.jpg"|'''This is the
display text for file.jpg'''. But I'd like to wrap or set the length of
the 'This is the display text for file.jpg'. The text is limited to the
width of the webpage or it expends the width of the webpage.

I'd like to be able to say "only 40 chars wide" and everything after
that to be wrapped.

>> 4. Tying attachments to categories, and then use just the
>> categories to display the attachments that match. That's the
>> biggest and more important for me.
>
>I'm working on this, slowly at least. My idea is to generalise
>pagelists, which now (mostly) first generate a list of pages and then
>apply a template to each of those pages. If I could instead generate
>a list of attachments, and then apply similar templates to each of
>those, that should allow your category lists to work as well.
>
>But there are preconditions to that, of course. Primarily for such a
>list to make sense, you need to be able to list stuff: file metadata.
>And to do that, I need to take the guts of Attachtable-FileInfo and
>make them prettier -- which they're not, atm.

I don't mind have the categories preset. They don't have to be
dynamic. So I'd like to link each photo to multiple categories like
[[!category 1]] | [[!category 4]]. Then have a form that displays all
the categories, and select them with a checkmark would be ideal. Then
display the attachments.

Basically a lightbox in pmwiki.

That would be more than wonderful, it would be fantastic.

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com