[pmwiki-users] blog-it with triad

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue May 11 10:30:09 CDT 2010

Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 2:28:29 PM, Peter Bowers wrote:

> I find that the left sidebar keeps getting "squished".  I can go to
> the triad config page and choose any layout options I want and it
> sticks, but when I then go to the Blogit pages I lose the settings
> I've chosen and my left sidebar gets too small.

> Suggestions?  Are these 2 recipes/skins not compatible at this point?
> Or do I have something weird in my setup?

> You can see what I'm looking at here:
> www.lutje.org/pmwiki/index.php/Blog/Main

Peter, I see that the page content has quite a few <pre> text blocks,
which look like they should be lists, and not preformatted text?

The result of long preformatted lines is a horizontal expansion of the
centre column (which holds the page content div),
and that the left column gets squashed, despite it being set to a
fixed width.

The latest Triad skin should wrap preformatted text, so we don't get
horizontal scroll bars.

Another trick may be to keep the left SideBar width above a certain
minimum by inserting a line of empty text with a number of
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
so the text cannot get folded.

cheers,
  ~Hans