[pmwiki-users] A robust user registration module

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu May 20 15:07:27 CDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUserSignup but this is IMO way
> too complicated. I would prefer a lightweight solution.

I agree.  In consideration of the security considerations (writing to
authorization-providing pages, etc.) it seems like something simple
and special-purpose would be the best idea.  I believe the *logic* of
AuthUserSignup could be re-written in PHP without an inordinate amount
of work, but obviously the person doing the work would need to decide
if that's the best way to do it.  The advantage is that it's a
somewhat proven concept since it's in use on several sites.

Unfortunately I can't volunteer right at this point due to other
commitments.  Any takers?

-Peter