[pmwiki-users] A robust user registration module

Wordit Ltd wordituk at googlemail.com
Sat May 29 04:33:45 CDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Eemeli Aro <eemeli at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on the next version of that just now, a rather heavy-duty refactoring of the code to make it more generic, separating the back-end storage solution from the rest of the code.

Sounds like a good plan. I think this particular recipe needs a sort
of open API functionality, so that other recipes can call upon it
rather than authors having to create new versions of the sign-up
recipe to suit each type of usage.

@Dave, I also think captcha should suffice.
If captcha is not an option for someone, then once backend storage is
separate, it is easy for another recipe to specify a temp storage
page, and copy data over after verification.

Marcus