[pmwiki-users] How to change Upload and Attach directory without breaking things

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 02:25:41 CDT 2010

I haven't ever changed location where are my files so... here it is how I
imagine I would have done (almost same as you suggest) :
-change in config file the path to files ;
-go to site, load some pages, just to be sure my images (for example) and
other files are deadlinks and that the url called is the one I want ;
-if so, rename my old path (or transfer files).

More difficult would be to change the way the uploads are organized
($UploadPrefixFmt = '/$Group'; : by groups, by page, by site, or something
more specialized).

If you don't delete anything, there shouldn't be any risk. But, be caution :
I won't pay for the errors I could cause ;)

Gilles.

--