[pmwiki-users] Is it possible to freeze a whole wiki?

Martin Kerz martinkerz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 08:30:47 CST 2011

Hi,

I want to preserve a certain state of a whole bunch of wiki pages, say
a whole group within a wiki. Ideally it should work like sighted
versions in Wikipedia, where a saved state of a page is displayed, and
also an info that indicates, that a newer version, with further edits
after a certain date, is available.

Or, if you want to put it that way, it would be great if I could tag a
certain wiki state and go back to it by simply adding the tag
somewhere in the url, perhaps using something like
http://mywiki.org/Home/Start?tag=version1.0 and also be globally able
to set the default tag in config.php. If no tag would be given, the
current version would be displayed.

Is there already something like this in pmwiki? If not, has anyone an
idea how it could be implemented?!

Thanks a lot.

Martin