[pmwiki-users] Preformatted text problem

tkcusr tkcusr at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 18:50:27 CST 2011

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 12:05:15PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> This is all documented at
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/TextFormattingRules#WhitespaceRules,
>
> ...and also at
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/TextFormattingRules#BulletedLists

Thanks, but all this is futile.
This problem stems from the very bad design decision of using SPACE for
two different purposes: (1) to preformat text, (2) to indent for keeping
within list.
It's a dilemma that noone can write code to deterministically handle.
The most trivial solution is to use something else for preformatted text.
Now I'm looking at the following piece of code from stdmarkup.php to
change preformat markup. Just let me know if I need to check somewhere
else to do this, any clue to reliably do this change, then you'll really
be of some help.

Markup('^ ', 'block',
   "(\$GLOBALS['EnableWSPre'] > 0 && strlen('$0') >=
\$GLOBALS['EnableWSPre'])