[pmwiki-users] Static 'site maps'?

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 06:46:52 CST 2011

On 2 January 2011 06:08, Steve G. <wordz2u at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to be able to create a static page with the same content, which
> will be updated daily, or whenever a new page is created. Is there a way in
> pmwiki to have such a page? Maybe a script that will run the pagelist with
> the same parameters as the current page, and write to an existing page, or
> create a new one.

A recipe I haven't updated in a while but still use actively,
Sitemapper [1], does exactly that. It maintains a sitemap that's
automatically updated and maintained when page edits are made. My main
use for the recipe is to automatically maintain multi-level navigation
for our department's sites [2], but it'll work fine just for the
backend as well.

The sitemap itself is maintained in markup as a nested tree of
unordered lists that's directly editable, and it even lets you refer
to the same page multiple times without problems. New pages (eg.
Group.Page) are added to the tree under the main page of their group
(Group.Group), if it exists, or under a catch-all "uncategorized"
label otherwise. Deletions also work automatically.

eemeli

[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Sitemapper
[2] http://autsys.tkk.fi/en/