[pmwiki-users] href="a group's last edited page", or pagelist results in template files

viki.veeks at gmail.com viki.veeks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 06:57:24 CST 2011

On 01/15/2011 11:15 PM, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 08:11:25PM +0100, viki.veeks at gmail.com wrote:
>> Is it possible to get at the results of a pagelist from within
>> template files? Specifically, in a template file, what would be one
>> way of retrieving the address of a group's last edited page?
>
> You can put a (:pagelist ...:) call inside a pagelist template, if
> that's what you're asking.
>
> Or, if you're asking about skin templates, the simplest way of doing
> that is to include a specific page in the skin, and define the pagelist
> in that page.

Not quite.
Sorry! My mistake... the previous message was not clear :-)

On the wiki, I want to have a link that points a group's last edited
page. In the template, I have this type of statements:

<!--wiki:Main.AboutMyGroup-->
</a>

Where,
the content of the FindLastEditIn/MyGroup page is simply a pagelist:
(:pagelist order=-time count=1 fmt=#include list=normal group=mygroup:)

For several reasons, I want to skip the extra FindLastEditIn/MyGroup
page. In the template, I would want to write something along the lines of:

<!--wiki:Main.AboutMyGroup-->
</a>

I hope this makes clearer what I mean with: ``in a template, is it
possible to retrieve the address of a group's last edited page?''

Best!
-i