[pmwiki-users] Interesting behaviour with (:linebreaks:)

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Jul 7 06:46:16 CDT 2011

On Thursday 07 July 2011 11:05:28, Oliver Betz wrote :
> >> I had a wiki page with (:linebreaks:) at the top and no matching
> >> (:nolinebreaks:) elsewhere. When I went to Preview the edits, the
> >> (:linebreaks:) directive continued on into the edit cheat sheet below
> >> the textarea box.
> Included pages could also be problematic.

It depends if you want them to respect the directive in the parent page or
not.

> Wouldn't it be helpful to have a third directive besides
> (:nolinebreaks:) and (:linebreaks:) to reset linebreaks to the default
> behaviour definied in config.php?

The variable in config.php can be changed, that is, linebreaks can be by
default enabled or disabled. I have a feeling that in a particuar existing
page, linebreaks should be as they are (either on or off) and to keep them,
the directive (:nolinebreaks:) or (:linebreaks:) would work better than for
example (:defaultlinebreaks:) which reverts to the value in config.php.

If someone requires such a directive, it could be written as a recipe.

Petko