[pmwiki-users] uploads failing

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Thu Jul 7 16:29:03 CDT 2011

hi patrick! thanks for the speedy response!
i have forwarded your comments to the host. thank you.

they have have stated that the webserver logs show no errors (though i can't confirm this, as i don't know where they're stored).

as to uploading small files, yes, they've just been tiny jpgs or pdfs - last one i tried was 78kb.

and to demonstrate that this isn't just limited to uploads, i'm unable to make new pages, or new pages in new groups. for instance, this is the msg received when trying to edit http://mysite.com/Test/Test?action=edit :

===
Warning: fopen(wiki.d/Site/Site.AllRecentChanges,new) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/aoverton/public_html/ssb/pmwiki.php on line 971
PmWiki can't process your request

Cannot write page to Site.AllRecentChanges (wiki.d/Site/Site.AllRecentChanges)...changes not saved

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Return to http://mysite.com

Warning: fopen(wiki.d/SiteAdmin/SiteAdmin.Blocklist-Chongqed,new) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in/home/aoverton/public_html/ssb/pmwiki.php on line 971
PmWiki can't process your request

Cannot write page to SiteAdmin.Blocklist-Chongqed (wiki.d/SiteAdmin/SiteAdmin.Blocklist-Chongqed)...changes not saved

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Return to http://mysite.com
===

the permissions for wiki.d were always 755 up until this problem arose, which now returns an even more intense error msg akin to the one displayed when first setting up pmwiki with no wiki.d folder setup yet (i.e. it gives instructions for setting up permissions). the error above comes when wiki.d is set to the more lenient 777.

i could send you a config file if you wanted, but it's large and complicated mess. it might be easier, if the problem persists and they can't solve it, for me to simply setup a fresh install of pmwiki and test from there. i will keep you posted on that.

in the meantime, if you see any other possible solutions based on the error being reported above, i'd love to report it to my host.
thank you,
adam