[pmwiki-users] WikiTitle

kjettil kjettil at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 3 14:40:51 CST 2011

Hans wrote, On 2011-03-03 19:19:
> what is your preferred way to use the HTML<title>  tag?
> PmWiki's default skin set it in its template as:
> <title>$WikiTitle | {$Group} / {$Title} $ActionTitle</title>
> $WikiTitle is set in config, and the other variables get filled in
> from the page name and action used.
> And what good is $ActionTitle?
I always use my own skins, with only $WikiTitle and $Title in the
<title> tag. For $WikiTitle I use a word or a set of words that overall
describe the contents of the site in terms that may be useful for search
engines. Equally, I select with (:title:) a $Title for each page that
relates to the contents of that page.
I've never used the default skin. I see it only as a simple example to
start from to develop your own skins. The beauty of PmWiki is the
freedom you have to easily and rapidly develop almost any thinkable
layout of your site, including having for each page a search engine
friendly <title>.
/kjettil.