[pmwiki-users] hide links for certain groups

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Mar 31 14:41:59 CDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Robert Matthews
<RMatthews at ms.soph.uab.edu> wrote:
> Something like…
> If {member of AD group} then
>    Do nothing
> Else {member of any other group}
>    Display the link
> endif

I never used windows active directory to access pmwiki, but I'm
assuming you still use standard page attributes to set up permissions.

I would create a new page somewhere (probably
SiteAdmin.EditOnlyByADGroup or something) and make sure only someone
of the AD group can edit the page.  Then do this in your sidebar:

(:if ! auth edit SiteAdmin.EditOnlyByADGroup:)
[[Group.Page | Here's my link]]
(:ifend:)

You might also look at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ConditionalMarkup to see other
possibilities.  Presumably you could create your own custom
"authgroup" conditional, but that would be more work.  If you decide
to do it, make sure you submit it at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ConditionalMarkupSamples.

-Peter