[pmwiki-users] WYSIWYG is Indispensable; Moment of Truth

jdd-gmane jdd at dodin.org
Tue May 24 03:45:56 CDT 2011

Le 24/05/2011 10:27, Oliver Betz a écrit :

> Nevertheless there is one case where a WYSIWYG editor is extremly
> useful: Table editing!

editing tables (and specially inserting columns) is a real problem,
but shoudn't be confused with WYSIWYG. Any rough help could be
invaluable, without the need of trying to have an exact width (for
example)

The basic (||||||) markup I always found unreadable - may be copied
from mediawiki. The "advanced" pmwiki markup is much better [(:table:)
- (:cell:)]

so an utility able to look at (:table:) and (:tableend:) and to insert
rows or colummn should be great.

What also could be done prety easily (I guess) is a "realtime" preview.

With modern screens (large...) one could have the preview next to the
edit windows. Is not the code almost already here with present preview?

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/jdddodinorg