[pmwiki-users] XLPage translations don't work correctly with UTF-8

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Thu Oct 20 06:06:26 CDT 2011

Petko Yotov wrote:

>> But strings translated by XLPage entries show the black rhomb instead
>> of umlauts, e.g. the page actions but also special page names (Recent
>> Changes -> Aktuelle ?nderungen).
>
>Interesting find.
>
>Before calling XLPage('de', 'PmWikiDe.XLPage'); in config.php, insert such a
>line:
>
>  include_once("$FarmD/scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php");

this solved the problem, thanks.

Can it be that I also had to delete .pageindex for correct search
results?

[...]

>I should think about how to handle this problem and better document it.

please consider also to make a note about the correct order in
sample-config.php.

BTW, sample-config.php doesn't use $FarmD - I don't know under which
circumstances this makes a difference.

Oliver