[pmwiki-users] A little backup utility for pmwiki

Sun Oct 23 21:02:12 CDT 2011

In another thread, we were discussing removing deleted files and I
opined about keeping backups. Putting my money where my mouth is, I
wrote a little script with a configuration file alongside to help
automate the process of grabbing wiki backups.

I'm just not sure what to do with it now. I have it in github as a
repository (https://github.com/tamouse/pmwikibackup) and I'd like it
if people who can might expand upon it if they so choose.

Note that this solution is entirely outside of the pmwiki software, so
I'm not entirely sure it's applicable or ought to go on the pmwiki
cookbook. This *isn't* a recipe you download to you wiki and install.
There's not a bit of php code in sight (it's written in perl, using
yaml as the grammar for the configuration.

Anyway, filling a pothole here and there.