[pmwiki-users] RFC: Link titles

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Oct 31 02:24:44 CDT 2011

On Sunday 30 October 2011 22:42:46, Dominique Faure wrote :
> * [[TargetedPage""|+]]
> * [[http://targeted_url/""|external target]]
>
> could be equivalent as:
> * [[TargetedPage"{$Group}.TargetedPage"|+]]
> * [[http://targeted_url/"http://targeted_url/"|external target]]
>
> At least, the title default value should be able to be computed from a
> recipe.

One could always want the URL as a title for external links even without added
"", but not for internal links. Someone working on accessibility for the blind
told me that the title attribute is only useful when it gives some important
and additional information, otherwise it is too much of a distraction for the
listener.

I think we'll leave this default title feature to recipes.

Petko