[pmwiki-users] PTV limit

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Sep 2 05:00:56 CDT 2011

On Friday 02 September 2011 10:18:28, Marius Stoica wrote :
> I'm planing to use page text variables to annotate the texts and I saw that
> in pmwiki.php there's a limit of 500 PTV.
>
> Is this limit applayed to one page or all the wiki pages?

The limit concerns 500 "displays" of "the same" PageTextVariable from "the
same" page, for example:

  {Main.HomePage$:Summary}
  {Main.HomePage$:Summary}
  {Main.HomePage$:Summary} etc. 500 times.

This is probably never needed for normal pages, but in a case where it is, you
can set in config.php $MaxPageTextVars to a larger number.

The limit is there to avoid infinite loops consuming much memory and server
resources, caused by this and a few other similar cases:

  VariableOne:{$:VariableTwo}
  VariableTwo:{$:VariableOne}

Petko