[pmwiki-users] Sending emails when a calendar is updated

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Sep 8 04:58:05 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 07 September 2011 03:14:01, John Bowling wrote :
> On 09/06/2011 10:01 AM, John Bowling wrote:
> > On 09/05/2011 01:37 PM, Petko Yotov wrote:
> >> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Notify

> I fixed my problem with config.php, so everything seems to work, except
> that I have not yet gotten any emails relating to the calendar entry
> changes.

Some hosting providers disable the mail() function of PHP to prevent spam. If
that is your case, unfortunately this is not something PmWiki could fix.

It could also be simply a delay -- PmWiki doesn't send the messages
immediately but it needs visits, so keep broiwsing and editing your wiki and
the emails will come.

Alternatively, these messages could land in your Spam/Trash folder: you may
need to configure your email filters to let them through.

Petko