[pmwiki-users] It's time to change pmwiki default skin!

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Mon Sep 12 17:48:53 CDT 2011

I'm not sure Pmwiki would/should/could enter the race with things like
Wordpress (I like Textpattern a lot more) or any other CMS up to
TYPO3.
Pmwiki is a wiki, and a file-based one.
Which puts its roots into a *very* different ground.
No matter how powerful or useful pmwiki may be, first-time visitors
and possible adopters should be aware of this.
Definitely.

Letting them believe they can straight compare pmwiki to this or that
(there are tons) CMS is not good and doesn't help anybody.
So, also visually, while it might be fine to refresh the page look and
make a sort of lift to it, I would not strive to "look similar to the
others" at all costs.

That said, and on the other hand, for many needs pmwiki *does* compare
(and could compete) with some of the tools I mentioned above.
For this reason, a fresh look would be really fine (and bring new
people to the community).
And again: I really like Textpattern ;-)

Luigi

P.S. Also, I do not dislike the look (font, sizes, pics) of Contao