[pmwiki-users] It's time to change pmwiki default skin!

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sun Sep 18 19:35:22 CDT 2011

On 9/18/2011 7:57 PM, Rogutės Sparnuotos wrote:
> kirpi at kirpi.it (2011-09-13 00:48):
>> I'm not sure Pmwiki would/should/could enter the race with things like
>> Wordpress (I like Textpattern a lot more) or any other CMS up to
>> TYPO3.
> <..>
>
> Do others really like the presentation trend of textpattern.com,
> wordpress.org, contao.org? This trend:
>
> 1. Homepage for Symfony 1: http://www.symfony-project.org/
>     (a bit like PmWiki?).
Way too busy in terms of sections on the screen. Also too many and
non-complimentary colors.

> 2. Homepage for symfony 2: http://symfony.com/
>     (did I just visit wordpress.org?).
Much nicer, and good use of whitespace. Although I dislike the black bar
on the top.

The other thing I like about this homepage is the "WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO
CHOOSE SYMFONY?" -- exactly the information a first-time visitor is
likely to want to see.

> 1. is not perfect, but 2. is everywhere nowadays...
With regards to [2] I don't view high usage as a negative.