[pmwiki-users] How to use specialized templates for new -Talk pages

Tue Sep 20 02:38:29 CDT 2011

In http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditTemplates, it states in the
Notes section:

--------snip---------
On pmwiki.org this recipe has been enabled for the Cookbook
(local/Cookbook.php) as follows:

     $EditTemplatesFmt = 'Cookbook.Template';

Thus any new pages created in the cookbook are pre-populated with the
contents of Cookbook.Template. You can try it via
Cookbook.SampleNewPage?action=edit (delete SampleNewPage if it already
exists to see the template at work).

       Additionaly, *-Users and *-Talk pages are using
Cookbook.Template-Users and Cookbook.Template-Talk respectively.

I'd like know how that is done. The page doesn't quite make it clear
what's going on. I looked at the sources for Cookbook.Template,
Cookbook.Template-Talk and couldn't see anything going on that would
tell me how it is done.