[pmwiki-users] problem with server and WikiSh

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Sep 24 01:33:09 CDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 7:56 AM, adam overton <a at plus1plus1plus.org> wrote:
> can anyone
> tell me what Hostgo might I've done to cause this error so that I can tell
> them how to fix it? did they change or upgrade their version of php or
> something?
>
> Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated
> in/home/public_html/wiki/cookbook/WikiSh.2008.08.03/SecLayer.php on line 118

The function "split" was deprecated as of PHP 5.3.0.  SecLayer.php was
updated quite some time ago to no longer use this function.

You have 3 options I can see, probably more exist:

* Figure out how to move back on your host to pre-5.3 PHP
* Figure out how to set PHP settings so that deprecated functions get
silently ignored
* Upgrade to a more up-to-date version of SecLayer (which will
probably mean upgrading WikiSh in general with its other modules as
well)

Obviously the 3rd would be the preferred.

Hope that helps,

-Peter