[pmwiki-users] Difficulty implementing fox forms

Mike Turco turco.mike at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 01:29:55 CST 2012

I'm new to pmwiki and am having a problem taking in the "big picture".
If someone could please tell me what I'm doing wrong with the
following, I'd appreciate it. I've been trying really hard to read
through the documentation, and have been through a lot of it, but I'm
slightly lysdexic (sic) and am having problems getting through it all.

I have a test site I've setup for learning purposes at
http://crm.miketurco.com . On that site I have the pmwiki basic
install, along with fox forms, fox edit and fox delete. I also have
fox contacts setup, which I'm using as an example as I learn.

Test site: http://crm.miketurco.com
Password: Test.Wiki.123 (which applies to read, write and admin).

What I'm trying to do is setup a simple, flat, business management
database. As I see things, PTV's are like data fields, groups are like
tables, pages are like records and pagelists are like queries.

If you click the link that says NewBill in the sidebar, a form comes
up. You can fill out the form and hit Submit, and the page gets saved
"somewhere". I assume that the page is being saved in the NewBill
group, but... I'm not 100% sure on that.

If you then click on the Payables link, you'll see that I have some
data posted by that form does come up. One record shows up in part,
and I believe the blank lines are records from that group that would
be displayed if I had set things up right.

In my efforts to do this, I have created the NewBill form as well as
the BillList under Site/LocalTemplates.

In short: I want to enter multiple bills (one at a time) using the
NewBill form, and then display all of the bills when I click the
Payables link. I made some progress towards doing this with fox
contacts, but am not able to duplicate these results. Something is
missing and I can't put my finger on it.

Finally, I would like that when one clicks on a link to a bill from
the payables screen, the target pages opens up in an edit form. For
example, if you go to http://diligentwarrior.com/mtddemo/ and click on
the first active project, (which is now called Testy,) a form pops-up
that allows editing of the subject record.

If someone could please clue me in on the above, I'd appreciate it. If
I can get through this level of understanding, I'll be in a place
where I can layout all of the forms and so forth that I need.

Thanks for your help,

Mike