[pmwiki-users] Difficulty implementing fox forms

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 16:54:59 CST 2012

Hello Mike,

> Contacts.php: provides permissions and also the "delete if empty"
> code. I need to add a line in the middle for the new group.

No, local/contacts.php only gets loaded for pages in group 'Contacts'.
so you need a copy with your new group name AND modify the
permission pattern (you could set all FoxPagePermissions in
config.php instead).
The $DeleteKeyPattern allows a Contact page to be deleted by the
foxdelete link: the foxdelrange link deletes all from mark #foxbegin#
to mark #foxend#, and since this is the entire 'data entry', the page
content will by null. With the $DeleteKeyPattern of Contacts.php
PmWiki interpretes saving an empty page as deleting it (rather than
having to enter 'delete' as page content).

> As far as the edit links are concerned, I'll need to go back through
> "recent changes" and see what you've done to modify (I think) the
> template file in Contacts.NewContacts. The edit feature is something I
> do want to have in the "database", but its not the first priority.

What I did earlier on your test wiki is adding an edit link to the
pagelist template for the Bills pagelist (on Site.LocalTemplates).
This is  a standard pmwiki edit link, not foxedit functionality.
But a FoxEdit link could be used in the pagelist template just as
well, provided it calls the right edit form.

~Hans
www.softflow.co.uk