[pmwiki-users] adjusting the sublist indentation

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Mon Feb 13 09:01:18 CST 2012

On 2/12/2012 9:32 PM, Michael Benjamin wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I have two questions:
>
> (1) Does anyone know how to ajust the distance indented in a sublist,
Controlled by ul ul:
ul ul {margin-left:30px;}

> and the padding between the bullets and the text in a sublist?
li {padding-left: 30px;}

> (2) Does anyone know how to adjust the left/right padding in the sidebar?
> This may be particular to the skin I'm using (notsosimple). I seem to
> have a lot of padding to the right in the sidebar.
>
> In pmwiki/pub/skins/notsosimple/notsosimple.css, I already changed the
> padding-right from 10px to 0pix (which helped a bit) as below, but there
> is still a alot of padding. What else is affecting this?
>
> #sidebar {
> float: left;
> width: 195px;
> margin: 0px;
> /* padding-right: 10px; */
> padding-right: 0px;
> border-right: 1px solid #ccc;
> }
Is it really padding, or is the width just too large?

As a tip you might want to download firefox, and firebug extension. That
will let you change css properties visually on the fly. It'll also show
you the padding/margins so you can see which is causing the effects you
actually see on the page.