[pmwiki-users] modifying wikish renaming pages/groups scripts to update links with spaces

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Mon Jul 23 08:53:34 CDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 6:00 AM, Alex Eftimiades
<alexeftimiades at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again, I tried making this a page action as follows (in Site.PageActions)
> * %item rel=nofollow% {(wikish source
> {$SiteGroup}.PageActions#RenamePage)}Rename Page:(:input text name=NewPage
> value={$FullName} size=30:)(:input submit name=submit value=Rename:)(:input
> end:)

Actions in Site.PageActions are pretty specially processed -- I've
never tried to put a fully functional form in there...  And putting a
markup expression in there is even more of a stretch...

Someone else can comment whether it's possible to put a form in there,
but if you can I'll just recommend that you avoid the markup
expression in the definition of the form (the whole quick_form
business is really just laziness on my part and can be easily done
with normal pmwiki form capabilities).  Add a hidden field with
OldPage and then make the action of the form go to some other page
(WikiSh.Rename perhaps?) where you can use markup expressions in a
more standard setup...

-Peter