[pmwiki-users] Changes to markup

Ryan Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 19:29:40 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Peter Bowers <pbowers at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Ryan Varick <rvarick at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 2. Is there a way for tooltips to accept a space before the opening quote
> > (ie, [[PageName "Tooltip" | Link Name]]). It just doesn't feel right for
> the
> > quote to follow immediately after the page name with no space in between.
>
> I just tried this:
>
> ===(snip)===
> [[HomePage"ToolTip"|My Link Text]]
>
> Now with a space:
> [[HomePage "ToolTip"|My Link Text]]
> ===(snip)===
>
> and it worked fine -- my tooltip was visible on both the first and the
> second, with and without the space.
>
> Could it be something to do with your version of pmwiki?
>
> -Peter

Ahh I'm sorry, I mis-typed earlier. I meant to refer to image alt-text
using the Attach: syntax:

     Attach:image.jpg"This feels wrong"
     [[Page | Attach:image.jpg"This feels wrong too"]]

Now that I type it out, I see that it might not be easy to allow spaces
between the image and the caption. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Ryan