[pmwiki-users] unable to retrieve edit form Site.EditForm following latest update

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Mar 18 09:49:33 CDT 2012

Hello. As you may imagine, we do test and use the latest version of PmWiki on
different servers, operating systems and hosting providers. I believe you but
I have only been able to experience the problem you describe in two cases:

- a problem with filesystem permissions on the wikilib.d or wiki.d directory
and/or single files like wikikib.d/Site.EditForm; this could be fixed with
your FTP file manager for example;

- incorrectly set wiki permissions when the author trying to edit a page (for
which he has "edit" permissions), doesn't have "read" permissions for the
Site.EditForm page; this could be fixed by setting the correct permissions,
see:
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Passwords
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PasswordsAdmin

Nothing has changed in PmWiki from version 2.2.35 to 2.2.36 that could cause a
sudden lock of the editing, but if I could see and test in realtime a wiki
that has this problem, I may find a way to fix it. If someone having this
problem could give me FTP or SSH access to the their server, if possible with
both an older working and the latest non-working installations, I'll look into
it. Please contact me off-list to give me more information.

My public SSH key is here: http://notamment.fr/common/petko-ssh-pub.txt in
case you know how to use it.

Thanks,
Petko