[pmwiki-users] html5 ideo

Eric Forgeot eforgeot at gmail.com
Thu May 10 17:47:33 CDT 2012

On 09/05/2012 17:43, jdd-gmane wrote:

> I have no .htaccess file (but can have any config in apache virtual
> servers), but why is this working locally with no server at all and
> the very same firefox?

you can configure the mime type served by your server either in the
httpd.conf file, or in the .htaccess (at least on most hostings, but
that may also depends on the initial apache configuration to allow this
configuration in the .htaccess?). But it should definitively be
configurer somewhere otherwise it can't serve an unknown minetype.

> I wrote a standalone html page for testing
>
> http://dodin.org/uploads/
>
> this page woks perfectly on my local desktop computer (with no apache,
> opening the index file directly), but not on my server??

your desktop computer doesn't need to know how to server those special
mimetypes, that's probably why it worked (maybe it relies on your own
/etc/mime.types)

I'm glad it works for you now:)