[pmwiki-users] using PTVs from pagelists in skin scripts (or how to register a new PV)

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat May 12 03:04:23 CDT 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM, <a.sonderhoff at gassi-tv.de> wrote:

> I rewrote the template script into a cookbook script and included it in
> config.php as Peter suggested. no luck there. apparently the problem is
> about setting PTVs from within a pagelist.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my earlier email.  I wasn't suggesting that you
take your existing script (step #2) and put it in config.php and leave the
rest of the steps with the pagelist etc.  I was suggesting that you take
steps #1 through 6 (the whole thing) and place it in a single markup:

(:mess_with_latestpage groupname varname:)

Then your script (triggered by the (:mess_with_latestpage ...:) markup)
will find the latest page in that group and output all the various markup
you are wanting to do.  Since it is a single markup rule you can easily put
it early enough to occur prior to the (:title ...:) markup and etc.

Be aware that you cannot dynamically create PTV-setting markup, so you'll
have to have some other way of doing that.if that's something you need...

For running a pagelist from PHP, check out how Hans did it in powertools.

-Peter