[pmwiki-users] noleft query in skin.php for CSS change

Simon nzskiwi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 02:14:22 CST 2012

Thanks to Petko and PM for some feedback here
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01298

I'm trying to develop a wiki
skin[1<http://ttc.org.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TTC/HomePage>
]  where the header and footer (wikifooter
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiFooter>recipe) are wiki pages like
the SideBar,
and yet trying to maintain and support the directives I refer to below.

That is to say I'm trying to get to a point where no content is provided by
the skin, and less of the skin is driven by the template.
For me this means more of the site can be maintained by wiki users (albeit
with some control perhaps) without resorting to template magic.

I want to support the standard wiki markup, (the directives below) and it
seems to me that conditional
markup<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ConditionalMarkup> should
be very reflective of PmWiki state and settings.
It seems to me that if I can obtain the value of the directive I can hide
that part of the page (using CSS etc) where PmWiki does it by physically
not generating that part of the page.

I hope this explains why this would be a useful feature, and one that like
others may be more useful than originally envisaged,

Simon