[pmwiki-users] Utilizing Fox without extra markup?

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Sun Nov 18 03:22:13 CST 2012

Hi tamouse,

Saturday, November 17, 2012, 9:32:44 PM, you wrote:
> Is it possible to use Fox (in particular, FoxEdit sort of thing)
> without having to add the {[foxedit ...]} markup? In other words, can
> it be used to completely replace the stock PmWiki edit functions? What
> I'm after is being able to edit all my pages with PTVs in separate
> fields from the rest of the page. I'd like to be able to do this
> without having to incur a mass edit in order to make this work. (Or,
> if someone could suggest an alternative?)

I am not sure what you mean by "mass edit".
You can use Fox to edit a whole page, either the text of the whole page (using foxaction=replace as a parameter in the (:fox form ..:) markup), or editing PTVs, if the page text is structured into a number of PTVs. FoxContacts can give you a good example for this.

FoxEdit is an addon to Fox to provide edit links, and set some page variables, which are useful in a Fox form to edit.
The markup
   {[foxedit form=FoxEditForm]}
could be substituted with standard link markup like
   [[{*$FullName}?action=foxedit&form=FoxEditForm]]
so you could use ?action=foxedit&form=FoxEditForm  instead of
 ?action=edit

Create a FoxEditForm which does exactly the kind of PTV editing you want for general page edits.

Hope this helps a bit.

Best regards,
Hans
www.softflow.co.uk