[pmwiki-users] Which page controls this output?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Sep 8 05:28:09 CDT 2012

Ian MacGregor writes:
> Which page controls the output of Site.AllRecentChanges and
> {$Group}.RecentChanges? I'd like to see if I can style that output in a table
> to make it look better.

It is not a page, it is the variable $RecentChangesFmt, see

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/LayoutVariables#RecentChangesFmt

And you cannot automagically change the layout of the existing RecentChanges
lines, because they are just simple wikitext. When you change the
$RecentChangesFmt variable, only the following changes will be written with
the new format.

OTOH, if you don't change the default bulletted list, you can use it for a
"trail" of a pagelist (on a different page), and you can change the pagelist
template any way you want, something like this:

    (:pagelist trail=Site.AllRecentChanges fmt=#MyPagelistTemplate:)

See Pagelists and Pagelist Templates:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists
    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageListTemplates

Petko