[pmwiki-users] diamond with question mark, unicode replacement character shows up after upgrade

Maria McKinley mariak at mariakathryn.net
Tue Apr 2 02:06:38 CDT 2013

I upgraded from 2.2.48 to 2.2.49 and now I get a unicode replacement
character somewhere on every page. This happens whether I use the default
pmwiki skin or my normal skin.

Anyone else seeing this or have an idea about what to do? I tried putting
include_once("scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php");
$DefaultPageCharset = array(''=>'ISO-8859-1');

in my config.php, but it didn't make any difference. Not sure I managed to
convert my config.php to utf-8, however.

thanks,
maria