[pmwiki-users] Hiding visibility of a category link from a category page?

Derek Lerner lernaway at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 13:16:57 CDT 2013

You are the best!
Worked perfectly.
Thanks so much Petko.

Derek

On Apr 17, 2013, at 2:07 PM, Petko Yotov wrote:

Derek Lerner writes:
> I did find the solution you suggest just after writing the mailing list and it does work, however my issue is having to go to every page that used [[!(TheCategoryName)]] and manually revise each one. Also the way I previously used is cleaner in terms of code clutter.

The category link markup didn't change for a very long time (since 2005 at least) however some of the MakeLink/LinkPage functions did change a bit, and I suppose it doesn't work exactly as it did before.

> Is there any way to get [[!(TheCategoryName)]] to work without having to go back and revise all the pages it was used in?

Add the following line to config.php and it should make those links disappear from the page, while still indexing the backlinks in the categories:

Markup('[[!(','<[[!','/\\[\\[!\\((.*?)\\)\\]\\]/e',    "MakeLink(\$pagename,PSS('Category/$1'),NULL,'','<span></span>')");

Petko