[pmwiki-users] Help with my pmwiki and passwords revisited

Thomas Zunder tom at zunder.org.uk
Thu Aug 22 09:59:57 CDT 2013

Hi folks!

Due to a variety of work pressures I am only now able to revisit this.

I have done as suggested below and changed my default password for admin.
I have commented out the edit password.
I can now edit the wiki happily.

Could I ask if someone could advise how to test the admin password?

>/  I have a pmwiki that I ran from 2005 to 2009. The last version was using
/>/  2.11
/>/  It is time to restore it, but when I do so none of the pages can be edited
/>/  using either of the passwords in the config file.
/>/  I can't remember if I set group or page attribute passwords nor can I
/>/  remember what they'd be.
/>/
/>/  Is there a way to strip out the passwords and start again with the wiki
/>/  pages and rebuild security?
/>/  It's all sitting on a server on my home network right now (a LAMP server on
/>/  an Ubuntu box) so I can mess around until I get it right.
/>/
/>/  If anyone can help I can provide more or different details.
/
If the only passwords in use on your wiki were the ones set in
config.php, it should be quite straight-forward. If you've used
AuthUser, and have per-group and/or per-page permissions, it might be
a bit harder.

Go ahead and change at least the admin password in your config.php
file, then try logging in with it to edit things.

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('mysekritpassword');

As you're preparing your wiki, keeping it in-house, you might want to
go ahead and comment out or delete the other lines setting
$DefaultPasswords, and if you've included script/authuser, comment
that out as well.

Let us know if this works!

--

Tom Zunder