[pmwiki-users] rotated pictures displaying original

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Dec 10 04:49:55 CST 2013

I have a picture I took in portrait rather than landscape on my camera.

I resized it using Image Resizer Powertoy Clone.

I then rotated it using the built-in win8 on right-click in explorer.

It displays rotated on my computer, but when I upload it to pmwiki and
display it using Attach:foo.jpg markup (I also tried with Galleria) it
displays the original rotation as if I had never rotated it.

I thought I might have made a mistake which file I uploaded so I downloaded
the file back to a different directory on my computer and once again it
displays as I had rotated it even though on pmwiki the same file displays
with no rotation.

I thought I must be mistaken so I created 4 additional versions, each one
rotated 90 degrees further -- same result.  They display as rotated on my
computer but as if no rotation had occurred in pmwiki.

You can see this at: http://www.qdk.org/pmwiki/index.php?n=Main.Pajero2

I have removed any editing password in case someone can show me what I'm
doing wrong.

-Peter