[pmwiki-users] 4+ links on page preventing saving

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Feb 16 07:53:28 CST 2013

Esteve Boix writes:
> I had a similar problem, and it ended up being mod_security in Apache.
>
> Check your error.log if you have access to it. I saw there that mod_security
> was locking me out when saving the page.

>> Nothing changed with the pmwiki setup, as far as I can tell. I can
>> edit and save pages all day long, until the page has more than 3 links on
>> it.

I agree that this is likely a problem external to PmWiki, probably some
antispam filter from mod_security. The "Invalid page name" reply very likely
comes from an address where the visitor is redirected when the post is
rejected, an address which PmWiki receives and tries to process but the page
name is invalid - for example with more than one dot.

If you cannot modify your server settings, this may be worked around by
setting some InterMap prefixes, for example set in Site.InterMap

   Go: http://$1

then in your pages [[Go:www.site.net]] instead of [[http://www.site.net]].

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/InterMap .

But this is probably too annoying.