[pmwiki-users] <p> in advanced tables

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Mon Jan 7 02:04:46 CST 2013

Petko Yotov wrote:

>Something like this can be added to config.php in order to wrap the table
>cell text in <p> even if it starts on the same line:
>
>  Markup('cell+para', '<split',
>    '/^(\\(:(?:cell|head)(?:nr)?(?:\\s.*?)?:\\))\\s*(\\S.*)$/im',
>    "$1\n$2");

thanks, I will try that (but not try to understand).

Do you think that everything should be wrapped in <p> even if there is
only one line of text in the source?

I guess it would make the handling in PmWiki simpler, but I'm not sure
what HTML purists think about *).

Do you think this should be changed in a future PmWiki release to get
consistent results?

Shall I create a PITS entry?

Oliver

*) Promoting PmWiki as CMS (which I consider a good thing), I often
get feedback that the generated HTML isn't that beautiful.
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)